Attention Media Outlets, Sports Networks, Advertising Agencies, Tumblr, Foursquare (why not), Richard Branson and/or other wealthy billionaires/millionaires!
Consider this TheTickr.com’s REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP for all you industry types)! Our team (brothers, Ryan Watt and Jeremy Watt) are ready and willing to be sent to London to cover the 2012 Summer Olympics online, like no one else can!
What we Need
What you get in Return
Some sort of crazy V.I.P. access to the London 2012 Olympics.
- Financial coverage of flights, accommodation and food (nothing fancy, we’re pretty resourceful).
- Financial coverage of our iPhone roaming charges.
- An online platform to share all our wonderful coverage (this isn’t a must, but probably to your advantage).
- Real-time coverage of the events of your choosing! We’re not just talking about live tweets and photo posts! Picture if you will, an animated GIF of a speed walker crossing the finish line to capture gold, with Kate Middleton in the background grocery shopping.
- A daily video update from TheTickr team! None of this talking head nonsense. We’ll dig deep to bring you the viral news the internet wants to share. Stuff like: What’s the true story behind the London 2012 logo? and How hot is that hot tub that the divers hang out in?
- A complete branding/sponsor package for whatever you want! We’ll skin TheTickr.com and every olympic post with your brand — think POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold but not in a way that’s annoying to our faithful Tumblr followers.
- Last but not least, we’ll do whatever you want us to do (just no streaking).
Why are you Doing This?
Simple really. We’re olympic fanatics, plus we lived in London for a year and thought this would be an epic way to return to the city. If you can’t be an olympic athlete, you might as well see if someone will send you to the olympics to cover it.
Tumblr Friends we Need your Help!
We’d be stupid to think we couldn’t do this without your help and you’d be stupid to think that this wouldn’t be awesome to follow online. Soooo, we’re asking you to dig deep and like/reblog the crap out of this post. Together we can make this happen and if it doesn’t happen we’ll all just high-five over how awesome the above animated GIF is!
Lets make olympic media coverage internet history! Email: email@example.com