12-12-12 + 50,000 FOLLOWERS + THIS T-SHIRT = AMAZING
Seems fitting that with our three-year anniversary on the horizon we would hit the 50,000 follower mark! To celebrate (and to have something to talk about on 12-12-12) we’ve reissued our If You Can’t Be A Pro Tee, as a collaboration with JeremyWatt.com.
If we had the bankroll we’d send all 50,000+ of you a tee as a thank you. Sadly, that’s a big IF, so we’ll leave you with this: We love you like the Ikea Monkey loves his coat. Insert shameless buy link.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for following our London 2012 Olympic coverage! Let’s give a round of applause to all of our contributors! We couldn’t have done it without you! Sean Yoo, Mike McGrath, Neeraj Grover, Josh Eisenberg, Catherine Provenzano and Nathan Hayhoe.
To all our new followers, get ready for more sports amazingness.
With award season upon us The Tickr crew is all dressed up with nowhere to go. So why not vote and help us bring home a Shorty Award for Microblog of the Year on Tumblr!
We’ll be sure to post the red carpet photos when we’re back from the Shorty’s. Rumor has it one of us is going backless. Thanks in advance, The Tickr crew.
Update on our London 2012 campaign we launched back in May (for those who missed it, we announced to the world that we’re willing to head to London to cover the 2012 Summer Olympics online in partnership with any willing media outlet).
Well it looks as though we have the accommodations covered! That’s half the battle! Now we just need a friendly media outlet, sports network etc. to step up and pay for food and travel! Interested? Check out our London 2012 page for details!
Special thanks to our unnamed accommodation supplier. The sports Gods will forever shine down upon you.
Attention Media Outlets, Sports Networks, Advertising Agencies, Tumblr, Foursquare (why not), Richard Branson and/or other wealthy billionaires/millionaires!
Consider this TheTickr.com’s REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP for all you industry types)! Our team (brothers, Ryan Watt and Jeremy Watt) are ready and willing to be sent to London to cover the 2012 Summer Olympics online, like no one else can!
What we Need
What you get in Return
Some sort of crazy V.I.P. access to the London 2012 Olympics.
- Financial coverage of flights, accommodation and food (nothing fancy, we’re pretty resourceful).
- Financial coverage of our iPhone roaming charges.
- An online platform to share all our wonderful coverage (this isn’t a must, but probably to your advantage).
- Real-time coverage of the events of your choosing! We’re not just talking about live tweets and photo posts! Picture if you will, an animated GIF of a speed walker crossing the finish line to capture gold, with Kate Middleton in the background grocery shopping.
- A daily video update from TheTickr team! None of this talking head nonsense. We’ll dig deep to bring you the viral news the internet wants to share. Stuff like: What’s the true story behind the London 2012 logo? and How hot is that hot tub that the divers hang out in?
- A complete branding/sponsor package for whatever you want! We’ll skin TheTickr.com and every olympic post with your brand — think POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold but not in a way that’s annoying to our faithful Tumblr followers.
- Last but not least, we’ll do whatever you want us to do (just no streaking).
Why are you Doing This?
Simple really. We’re olympic fanatics, plus we lived in London for a year and thought this would be an epic way to return to the city. If you can’t be an olympic athlete, you might as well see if someone will send you to the olympics to cover it.
Tumblr Friends we Need your Help!
We’d be stupid to think we couldn’t do this without your help and you’d be stupid to think that this wouldn’t be awesome to follow online. Soooo, we’re asking you to dig deep and like/reblog the crap out of this post. Together we can make this happen and if it doesn’t happen we’ll all just high-five over how awesome the above animated GIF is!
Lets make olympic media coverage internet history! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merry Christmas from your TheTickr.com team! Thanks to all our fans and followers for showing us the love over the past year!
As you can tell from this custom embroidered hat, we got big plans for 2011!
Time to hop out of your feeds and feast your eyes on TheTickr.com redesign.
Seven months ago, our two-man team published the first Tickr.com post. What started as a creative outlet has quickly morphed into an entire sports community!
We’re humbled by all 2001 of our faithful followers and are committed to keep the hit streak alive! With tearful Cal Ripken Jr. eyes we’d like to say THANK YOU!